Feb. 13, 2013
First, my apologies for missing my assigned blog slot last Wednesday. I was excited because it was signing day and that is a day that everyone is full of hope. As luck would have it, I was so occupied in discovering just how good the football signing class was that I ran out of time to put together the blog. This is the time of year when FAU student athletes shine. Since we rang in 2013 it seems athletics has been on a rapid pace charting its future and thankfully the student athletes are embracing the challenges.
In the last week:
• The Owl football signed the best overall class in the history of the program, both athletically and academically.
• Women's basketball completed the season sweep of South Alabama, their second conference sweep of the season.
• Greg Gantt remains among the nation's top-10 in scoring.
• Softball defeated the tenth ranked team nationally, last Sunday and will host top-15 Michigan this weekend.
• Baseball saw two players earn preseason all-conference honors and the team was picked to win the league.
• Women's basketball is having its annual Play-4-Kay game tonight.
• Men's golf was in full force at the Allianz Golf Tournament and recorded an individual tournament win early last week.
• Men's and women's basketball will be televised on ESPN3 from "The Burrow" this week.
While the spring seasons are coming out of the blocks, the department also is gearing up for a fantastic 2013 football season. Season ticket renewals are in the mail so enjoy the spring and prepare for the fall. Let's Go Owls! For tickets call 1-866-FAU-Owls.